Merry Mourning Grief Support Series
October 9 11:45 am - 1:15 pm | Parlor
The Merry Mourning Support Group offering is a series including six sessions led by Rev. Regina Franklin. Participants should attend all six to gain full benefit.
The greif support series will take place on the following Sundays at 11:45 am in the church parlor:
Objectives of this series:
- To name & identify the individual loss & to help make meaning of prior relationships
- To understand the grieving process and the ‘work’ that is necessary to gain and experience healing
- Will include didactics of a wide array of grief topics
- Participants will receive writing assignments that should be completed on their own time; will share (or not) during group sessions
- Connecting with our spirituality through seasons of Loss & Mourning; scripture/prayers/lamenting
- Will discuss major holidays and how individual and family traditions can be maintained and/or altered.
- Will have time of sharing photos/mementoes of the deceased with the group
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the church office at 214.361.6641 or email@example.com